We have become aware of the existence of emails purporting to be from the ANA Group that inform recipients that they can request a refund online by entering their ANA Mileage Club membership number, credit card number and other pieces of information on what is a fake website (phishing site).
Although ANA does send information to its customers via email regarding reservations and its products/services, we do not send emails that ask you to provide information such as your credit card number, pin number or ANA Mileage Club membership number.
We ask all our customers to be extremely careful when receiving emails regarding matters of which they have no knowledge.
Senders and Titles of Actual Scam Emails Sent
- ANA email@example.com
- firstname.lastname@example.org, etc.
- ANA All Nippon Airways Congratulation!
- ANA Airways Refund: Customer ID JP[#].
- Get a Refund of JPY 20,000 Online, etc.
Scam emails are being sent out which state that the recipient is entitled to receive an online refund of JPY 20,000 by registering via the link provided.
Similar scam emails are also being sent from different senders under different titles.
Precautions to Prevent Being Scammed
- Do not access the links contained in suspicious emails*1.
- If you do click on the link, do not enter any personal details and close the site immediately.
*1.What Are Suspicious Emails?
- Emails which do not have an addressee despite containing information for the customer
- Emails containing unnatural expressions for that language (in this case, Japanese)
- Emails containing the names of companies and departments that do not actually exist
April 16, 2020
All Nippon Airways Co., Ltd.